Postcard Courtesy of the Smales Family.
The Chillenden windmill was built in 1868 and is thought to be Dutch. It was damaged by severe storms in 1949 and completely restored in 1983. In November of 2003, it collapsed during another violent storm season. Fortunately it was rebuilt and reopened to the public in September of 2005. The mill is closed to the public during the winter, however it is still possible to visit the site and view it from the outside.
| Home | Contact Us | Credits | Sitemap |
© 2006 - Imagiverse Educational Consortium